The army knife of 1940 (Knife scout, НР-40, НА-40) is the statutory model of a combat knife used in the army of the Soviet Union and several Warsaw Pact countries from 1940 to the 1960s. Release HP-40 was established at the plant "Trud" in the village of Vacha and at the Zlatoust Instrumental Plant-Combine No. 259 of them. VI Lenin (ZiK). In 1943, the entire staff of the Ural Volunteer Tank Corps, equipped with weapons and equipment made for the contributions of the workers of the Sverdlovsk, Chelyabinsk and Molotov (Perm) regions, from the rank and file to the commander of the Zlatoust Instrument Factory as a present for all fellow Urals, the warriors of the new corps, Knives of Finnish type "with a black handle made of ebonite, scabbard and metal parts of the device. These were actually army knives of the 1940 model. German scouts immediately drew attention to the non-standard cold steel of the tankers, and the Ural Tank Corps began to be called the "Schwarzmesser Division" - the "Black Knives" division. The famous "Schwarzmesser" is a knife-legend of the Great Patriotic War.
The length of the blade is 149 mm.
The greatest width of the blade is 25 mm.
The thickness of the blade is 2.4 mm.
The hardness of the blade is 62-64 HRC.
The handle of the knife is set leather.
Leather sheath, certificate of conformity, product passport, warranty card.
Knife model T002 complies with the requirements of GOST R 51501-99 "Travel knives and special sports. General specifications" and is structurally similar to a cold steel knife tourist, not related to weapons.